5 Minute Chocolate Mud Cake in a Cup

Ever wanted to have a fresh baked chocolate cake fix in 5 minutes flat? Well now you can! This is a recipe to make a chocolate mud cake in a cup and cooked in the microwave in a matter of minutes. This is about as easy as cake making gets.

This is not an original idea of mine - believe it or not, this was chain mail that hit my inbox. Unlike the other junk in my inbox, this one caught my attention; I didn't believe it would work. So I had to give it a go - and the results were surprisingly good!

This is a great little recipe to have tucked away for when you need that 5 minute chocolate cake fix. If you have children, I imagine that it would be a fun thing to make with your kids as well.

The cake is big enough to feed 2 people, or one person who has a serious need for a chocolate fix.

The recipe:

4 Tablespoons Flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons Milk
3 Tablespoons Oil
3 Tablespoons Chocolate chips (optional)
1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug, that is safe to put in the Microwave!

Instructions

1. Add the dry ingredients (flour, sugar and cocoa) to the mug and mix well.
2. Add the egg, milk and oil and mix well
3. if you are adding chocolate chips then mix them in as well
4. Microwave on high for 3 minutes(for a 1000 watt microwave). The Cake will rise over the top of the cup - but don't worry....it will be OK!
5. Allow to cool for a minute before tipping out onto a plate
6. Add chocolate sauce and ice cream if desired!
7. Eat Eat EAT!

Here are some photos from making the cake. Enjoy!

Adding the dry ingredients into the cup.
In goes an egg...looking good so far.
Mix it all up and then add some chocolate chips.
If you are anything like me you will probably still make a lot of mess
Watch that cake go!!!
The cooked cake. Waiting for it to cool. Waiting is hard.
Out onto the plate! Looking good.
Add chocolate sauce and ice cream if you want. I highly recommend it.
The cake was thick and sweet. Very tasty, but also very rich eating. Nice treat.


simpler than you think.



Do you like baking? Here are some related books from Amazon:



5 comments:

opey124 said...

Yummy! You can never have enough chocolate. I like the sauce idea.

Fuji Mama said...

Totally fun isn't it?

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

I'm glad it worked for you. :D I thought it was uber gross! Lol

Gearu said...

I actually only used 2 Tablespoons of sugar (rather than 4 as in the original recipie) - I think that this helpped. It was still very rich to eat. I actually think that one whole egg is potentially a bit much for such a small cake. you could maybe make 2 and split one egg between 2 cups?

hg said...

i have this in front of me right now. the texture is awful and it looks horrendous but - yum - i can't stop eating it.
i swapped 2 tablespoons of the oil for 2 of mashed ripe banana...
instant-low(er)-fat-choco-banana-cake-in-a-cup

Post a Comment